The Pro Camera App for iPhone
MaxCam™ is a fully featured Pro camera app for devices with iOS 16 or later. MaxCam is the first iPhone camera app specifically designed to use all available screen estate on today's "max" devices. This minimizes obstruction of the live camera preview for easier composition and evaluation of exposure and focus.
The screenshot shows the main screen of MaxCam on an iPhone 13 Pro Max:
All relevant controls are permanently visible and at the user's fingertips. MaxCam's unique control dials with haptic feedback resemble the layout of professional digital cameras; shutter, sensitivity, exposure compensation, focus and many other parameters are directly accessible - no swiping or scrolling necessary, no digging in nested menus; every feature, every function is no more than a single tap away.
- Full manual control of exposure, exposure compensation, sensitivity, focus
- Four modes: Automatic (with AE-L), ISO priority (with AE-L), shutter speed priority (with AE-L), manual
- One-touch mode change between automatic, semi-automatic and manual
- Automatic white balance with manual selection of color temperature
- Supports ProRAW (Linear Raw with 3 * 12 bit) *, RAW, JPEG, HEIF capture
- Supports ProRAW 48 Megapixel capture with iPhone 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max
- Aspect ratios 4:3 (iPhone native), 3:2 (35mm, "traditional"), 16:9 and 1:1 with on-screen indicators **. More...
- Exposure bracketing
- Easy to use level indicator with haptic assist for portrait, landscape and face-up orientations, with real-time micro level indicator present at all times (lower right corner in screenshot above). More...
- Six compositing grids and indicators to choose from: Center Symmetry, Rule of Thirds, Golden Ratio ("Phi"), Dynamic Symmetry, Fibonacci I and II (both CW and CCW). More...
- Real-time RGB histograms (three different styles)
- Self timer (3, 5, 8 seconds) with optical and acoustical indication
- Extensive Exif metadata includes GPS coordinates and altitude
- Photo review with Exif metadata readout and reverse geo lookup with integrated live map from Apple Maps; images can be shared directly from the review window. More...
- Extensive hardware information of all available cameras. More...
- Auto-adjusting UI optimized for portrait, and landscape left and landscape right orientations
- "Dark"-mode UI for distraction free photography with a dedicated button to toggle the display of all info overlays
- Supported devices:
- iPhone 8 ***, 8 Plus ***
- iPhone SE 2nd generation ***, 3rd generation ***
- iPhone X, XR
- iPhone XS, XS Max
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, 13 Mini, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max
* Apple ProRAW is supported on iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max
** ProRAW and RAW are always captured with full resolution; compressed formats (JPEG, HEIF) are cropped to the selected aspect ratio
*** Simplified UI due to small screen size. Minimum vertical resolution of 812 units (iPhone X) recommended.
- Apple Watch companion app with high-FPS live preview; most capture parameters can be set from the Watch app using on-screen controls and the digital crown (requires Watch OS 9, available in Q IV / 2022)
Release is planned for November, 2022. Stay tuned.